Tuesday, January 10, 2006

They're back!



Hurray!! Finally the new episodes start tonight. (I'm not buying this whole Luke-has-a-secret-daughter thing, BTW).

And before you write off the GG, little monkey actually does have a show connection. One of his favorite "calming songs" happens to be the show's title song - "Where you Lead", sung by Carole King. "Calming song" refers to those tried and true songs that I force myself to sing whenever the monkey needs to be brought back from a meltdown, distracted, or put at ease. Situations include mealtime, diaper changes, clothing changes, bath time, new situations with lots of people, doctors' offices, following a tumble, snack time, medicine fun time, nap time, waking up in the middle of the night time.. etc.

I never imagined I'd be doing this much singing, ever. So, I'm always on the lookout for a good song, with simple lyrics which won't drive me nuts. Most of the kiddie standards fail in this regard, for the simple reason that they ingrain themselves into my brain, burn a hole in it, and remain smoldering away, all day long. Thus, when I have "wheels on the bus go round and round" playing in an endless loop in my head, all day long, I feel especially appreciative that the monkey's music repetoire is expanding.
Post a Comment