Friday, May 12, 2006

Happy Mother's Day!


As much as I'd like to wax eloquent on the virtues of motherhood, I find myself a little worn out by the actuality of it to dwell on the sentiment. It's enough to say, on this holiday, that any mother out there who is doing what she can to give her kid a good life, deserves some recognition today.

There are no perfect mothers. There are just us humble and flawed individuals doing the best we can, day in and day out. Hopefully, along the way lessons get learned, and kids grow up into decent human beings. That's good enough in my book.

So, Happy Mother's Day to those of you out there mothering the heck out of your kids. Keep on keepin' on.




Jordan contemplates a future so bright, he's gotta wear shades.




And finally a special shout out to my own dear mum, who managed to raise three kids, none of whom turned out to be ax-wielding serial killers (not yet, anyway). Go mom! Did I ever tell you what an amazing woman you are? Yeah, you! Here we have Grandma B breakin out the sweet numa numa dance moves at monkey's birthday party last January.
Post a Comment