Monday, May 22, 2006

Primitive Justice



Ok..so what do you see here? Cute kid, seemingly harmless. Got a funny little grin, and likes to play in the backyard. That's about right. Given the amount of time I spend with him, I thought I knew him pretty well.



So, you can imagine my surprise, when I walked through the living room this morning, en route to get the newspaper from the front step. I almost missed it. But out of the corner of my eye, I saw a little red shape, curled up amidst the grey ashes. Look close now. Can you identify the object laying there? It's Elmo.




As best I can figure, Monkey opened the gate of the fireplace screen, threw Elmo in, and shut the door. The "Open - Close" game has been a big hit with him for awhile now. He opens and closes his closet, the kitchen cabinets and doors, etc. But never have I seen him act as judge, jury and executioner with his toys. I can't imagine what Elmo did. But seeing him laying on the funeral pyre like that was a little disconcerting. After being confronted with this act, Monkey tries to exit the scene of the crime. Looks like it's time to buy another baby gate.
Post a Comment