Thursday, July 13, 2006

And the wait continues ...



While I ponder my inability to stick to schedule, the monkeys in my life find ways to occupy themselves as we wait this out. Due date is officially today, and so far mina-monkey-on-the-way appears to be in no rush to vacate her current abode. Jordan was almost two weeks late, which in hindsight might have been a good thing, as circumstances turned out. Since we are seriously hoping for a little less drama this time, I'd rather not wait another two weeks before monkey #2 makes her appearance.

(Warning .... rant begins)

It's not that I'm particularly looking forward to round the clock feedings and sleep deprivation again. It's more to do with the fact that I am tired of walking around with this massive beach ball implanted in the center of my torso. I'm tired of the looks I've been getting at the local pool ... the ones that not-so-subtley suggest that maybe I should be at home with my feet up, rather than risk going into labor in communal waters, I'm tired of the Shop Rite check out guy wishing me good luck every time I waddle down his check out aisle, barely squeezing past the candy bars and batteries, I'm tired of breaking out in a flop sweat in the middle of the night, I'm tired of wearing Monkey Sr.'s grungy t-shirts. I would like to say bye-bye to the miscellaneous aches, pains, mystery contractions and leg spasms I've been experiencing for the last three months. I'd like to be able to wear my seatbelt again without feeling like I'm cutting off my own air supply.

All right, there's more. But I'm going to stop complaining because I know there are women out there (Lord help them) who have had more difficult pregnancies than me. I will grin and bear it and wait this out.

As an aside, I was discussing the situation with dear mum last night, and asked her what her experience had been with the three children she delivered. She was very clear on the fact that she had to be induced with me. She was induced with her youngest child. But when it came to the second, she got a little hazy.

"I don't remember what happened."

"What do you mean you don't remember? You don't remember whether they had to drag you into the hospital and force you to deliver?"

"Oh Sadaf...you know...maybe. I don't remember."

After further interrogation, she conceded that yes, she was in all liklihood, probably induced with her second child too. All I have to say is, what the hell drugs were they giving women in the 70's and where can I get some?
Post a Comment