Thursday, September 21, 2006

And we're off to see the wizard...

If you don't hear from me again, it's because we are about to embark on a vacation. This will be the first real vacation the old monkey and are have taken since Jordan was born. I am excited and incredibly nervous at the same time. I'm looking forward to the relaxed pace of a vacation - no schedules, no routines - just an opportunity to hang out and decompress from the stress of daily life. We're especially lucky, in this regard to be sharing this vacation with good friends, who are bringing their own little monkey along. She happens to be a seasoned traveller, so we're hoping to pick up some tips from her.

But I'm nervous too. Want to know why? Because we are driving 12 hours to get to our vacation destination. "We" consists of the following: myself, Monkey Sr., Jordan, Miss Mina, Oscar, and the newest addition to our family - Mandy, our au pair. (Big shout out to the folks back home in Germany! Mandy's doing fine, and we haven't scared her off yet. Yet. Ha ha.) The prospect of loading up a minivan with such a motley assortment of cast and crew sounds like a bad sitcom, doesn't it? Mental images of Chevy Chase and his grand trip to Wallyworld come to mind. And God forbid we go anywhere on vacation without the furball. He'll be riding shotgun, in my lap, for the entire 12 hours because he suffers from separation anxiety.

Oy..I am dreading the drive.

But, Monkey Sr. is convinced that it will be "OKAY" because of the magical powers of Baby Einstein.

Baby Einstein videos shall be accompanying us and playing in a continual loop courtesy of the newly purchased portable DVD player. Yes, ladies and gentleman, I have now officially become that type of parent. You know the one I mean? The one who freely sedates her kid with television in order to buy a few precious minutes of peace and quiet.

Hi, my name is Sadaf, and I am a bad mommy.

Once we arrive though, look out. I am going to have a good time if it kills me.



I explain the rules to Miss Mina.

Rule #1 - The first rule of Fight club is, you don't talk about fight club.

Rule #2 - you will sleep through the night so as to allow mommy time to get her drink on, in peace.
Post a Comment