Monday, October 02, 2006

Daybreak on the Outer Banks



I'm not a morning person. I'm more of a late afternoon-evening, sorta gal. I don't really hit my stride till about 7:00 pm, which conveniently, is about the time the monkeys go to bed. Thankfully though, Monkey, Sr. and Kristen both managed to awaken early enough to capture the beauty of the morning sunrise.


Vacationing with a barrel full of monkeys is best done by preserving as much open space as possible. Lots of rooms means lots of places for the crew to explore, lots of doors to open and shut, lots of stairs to climb, lots of windows bang on. Here's the rental house we stayed in. Did I mention it was right on the beach? Oh yeah. Life is good down South.




When I start to wonder why my child is the skinny toothpick that he is, I only have to look at this picture. The monkey, like many other primates, prefers healthy, fresh fruit as his morning meal. On the other hand, blimpies like myself, who see vacation as an opportunity to consume as many calories as possible, prefer their breakfast to come in a rectangular box with the word "Entemann's" on it. I won't bore you all with the details of my weight loss saga. Suffice it to say, this week, I went down in a blaze of glory people.



I loved that the house had decks. Little monkey enjoyed them too, especially in the early morning hours before we hit the beach. Still in pajamas, he manages to get more done before 9:00 am than most people (myself included) do all day. Be all that you can be, little monkey.


Wanted: Single female to share passion for crimson-colored furry animals, creating expressionist art al fresco, and exploring all objects, people, places and things henceforth known as "no-touch!" Late risers need not apply.

I think the monkey may have found a true partner in crime.
Post a Comment