Friday, November 17, 2006

Three Beautiful Things - Thursday



I wrote earlier about a website that inspired me to find more beauty in my daily life. This week, here's what struck me:

1. The vacuum was laying out in the hallway upstairs as J ran back and forth, recharged from his nap. He approached it with his usual blend of fascination and fear, touched the front face panel, examined the hose, and tried to pry the attachment nozzle off. The combination of plastic pieces hitting each other produced a funny little noise from the machine - an odd sort of click or clack. He looked up at me, and with perfect sincerity announced that it was "Farty."

2. Old Bess, our lovely mini-van-on-loan, has been acting up again. Because there is only one repair shop the old monkey trusts, he took the van all the way back to Brooklyn to get it fixed there. Was this beautiful? No. But he came back home with bags of Thai food from Joya - a favorite Brooklyn restaurant back in the day. It was a bittersweet (and oh-so-tasty) reminder of a former life.

3. I had an actual mother's night out this week. I paid dearly for it the next day, but it was worth it. And everyone pitched in to see that I got out and back home safely, and that the monkeys were fed, bathed, medicated, put to bed and watched over with love. It was a true team effort. Thanks!



Baby girls in soft, pink shoes and fuzzy white tights are a beautiful thing too, especially when they get one hand stuck in their sleeve. Happy 4-month birthday Miss Mina. Time is flying by so fast!
Post a Comment