Sunday, April 15, 2007

This one goes out to the ladies ...

I used to make fun of my mother for her shoe collection. Her collection was so vast, it required its own personal space. Her shoe collection was legendary. Her shoe love spawned its own philosophy, which she shared with me.

If it's on sale, and you like it, buy one in every color ... and if they are selling coordinating purses, buy one of those too.

Children of the 80's, you may recall an episode in history involving the one-time dictator of the Phillipines, Ferdinand Marcos. I distinctly recall his wife, Imelda, who achieved notoriety because of her shoe collection. I used to refer to my mother as Imelda, which in my juvenile mind, was the height of hilarity at the time.

Like much else in life, all that past baggage has a way of creeping up on you. One day you're a spry teenage with a teeny waist, and the next thing you know .. you've become your mother.

I have.

But apparently, certain traits I have passed on to my daughter as well.

Mina's shoe collection



A miniscule sampling of mine. The rest of it remains hidden in the shelves of my walk in closet, under my bed, under my dresser, in the hallway, by the front door, in my gym bag, in the living room, etc.



I make no apologies for this. While clothes may come and go, sizes shrink or get too big ... shoes always fit. Shoes help you arrive at your destination. They take you on adventures, walk you along the streets of life. Shoes make the outfit.

Shoes make me happy.
Post a Comment