Thursday, May 17, 2007

Compensating

I've been in a bit of a blogging slump this week. It's not for lack of pictures, or ideas. I guess it happens to all of us. As usual, we've been busy though. Here's a sample.

Jordan has been practicing blowing bubbles in the backyard. I've been practicing my alliteration skills. Jordan is better at the bubble-blowing. As you can see, he's already graduated to the big bubble wand.



You can take the kid out of Brooklyn, but you can't take the Brooklyn out of the kid. Both of mine got a kick out of spending the day at Coney Island. Mina observes the beach pre-season. It's not the Outer Banks, but it has its own charm.



Jordan and I spend some quality time on the Boardwalk where he proudly sports his team loyalties. Go Mets!



Mina does a bit of posing with Jeff too. Despite her hair issues, this is one kid who loves the camera.



Since the monkeys are both a little too young to be riding the Cyclone, we hit the next best thing. The Aquarium! Here, Jordan amuses himself with the life aquatic.



He also had a pretty good time steering Michael's boat. Sorry, but no "three-hours tours" for us just yet.



At least Mina gets my sense of humor. I work best with the under-one year old set.



Switching gears, we also revisited the children's museum back in our neck of the woods. Among the multitude of interactive displays, there was a kitchen. Here, Jordan prepares lunch. Eating it, of course, is another story.



He also managed the clean up. That works for me. I feel confident in assigning him some of the grunt work in my own kitchen ... peeling, chopping, sweeping, loading the dishwasher....



Mina just sat back and glowed. Smart girl. A good manager knows how to delegate.

Post a Comment