Saturday, May 12, 2007

A Saturday in May

Though he will always be my little monkey, there are many other roles he takes on for himself. Here's just a sample from today.



Rocker...



Cowboy...



Baseball player...


And I am proud to report ... he ended his busy day, tucked into bed without his pacifier, aka the "binky." That peice of plastic, in which he has taken such joy for the past 28 months, is with us no more. I hope. We have done away with the binkies, in an elaborate "Bye-bye binkie" ceremony. Jordan was the guest of honor and MC all in one. I wish I had taken some pictures of him solemly throwing out binkies into the garbage can. I could have taken some pictures of him screaming in his crib a few hours later, but for the sake of preserving some shred of his dignity, I restrained myself.

He went down tonight without too much of a fuss. Could it really be this easy? Have I just jinxed myself? Stay tuned.
Post a Comment