Wednesday, June 20, 2007

And we're back!



We got back from California this week, and I'm trying to recover from our vacation. From the minute we departed to the last leg of the taxi ride home from Newark, it was an adventure. Needless to say, we're a little beat.



I wish I could say the three hour time difference between the east and west coast has not affected us.



But, I'd be lying.



We're all a little woozy. Some of us more than others.

It's hard to sum up what a wonderful week it was. Rather than trying, I'll just thank our very generous and patient hosts, Audrey and Richard. How many people do you know would let you take over three full bedrooms for your own use? Apart from filling their home like a horde of vagrants, we also subjected them to the screaming cries of two monkeys adjusting to west coast hours. That was fun.



And they never complained once. Rather, they pretended to not hear a thing. There were a few naysayers who suggested that the two of them were just going deaf, but I choose to believe Audrey and Richard were displaying the highest order of hospitality.

And they fed us too.

A lot. I have much more to say about that later.

They also filled our days with kid friendly activities designed to keep the monkeys amused and tired.

Did I mention the rooms had blackout shades and double-thick insulated glass? The monkeys have never napped so well in their lives. I almost didn't know what to do with myself with all that free time in the afternoon.

Ha.

More details to follow. But for now, thanks again to the entire west coast clan - Audrey, Richard, Amy, Todd, Lisa, Craig, Lexi,Lauren and Ashley. Our mini reunion was a blast! You all made us feel right at home. Uh-oh.
Post a Comment