Sunday, December 16, 2007

It was...



soap...poisoning!

Sorry, could not resist. Monkey wearing my shades bears a passing resemblance to Ralphie, no?

What's up with the glasses? Well, I'm finally going under the knife and getting it done. By this time on Tuesday, I may actually be able to see without the use of glasses or contacts. That's right. I'm having lasik eye surgery.

Ooh...I just shuddered for a minute. I'm not a squeamish person by nature, but messing about with my eyes does make me slightly nervous. I keep telling myself it will be worth it. No more stumbling about in the middle of the night to find my glasses when one of the monkeys wakes up screaming. No more mucking about with contact lenses, solutions, sticking bits of plastic in my eyes to improve my vision.




I had a check up on Friday to make sure I'd be ready for the surgery on Tuesday. They dilated my eyes. How nice of them to supply me with these sunglasses upon departing the office. We call them my Terminator shades. Hasta la vista, baby.

Yeah, the picture's blurry. But that's basically what my vision has been like for the last twenty plus years. Monkey Sr. was helpful enough to bring me to the appointment, and to snap this pic for posterity. He always knows how to make himself useful.
Post a Comment