Saturday, January 26, 2008

Brooklyn!

We're back on track. Today was a much happier day. Forced to evacuate our house due to electrical work, we decided to revisit our old stomping grounds in da hood - Brooklyn!



After dropping off gear and Oscar at Grandma H's house, we headed out for lunch at Bubby's in DUMBO. For those of you with a knowledge of the neighborhoods, and an actual sense of direction, you might be wondering why we're on the Brooklyn bridge over here. Oops...been living in Jerzee too long, missed a turn and wound up on the bridge instead of under it.



Got there eventually. Just a little detour through Manhattan.



Oh Bubby's...why do you tease us with your biscuits?



Your beverages?







And your burgers??



Following a hearty meal, we headed outside for some playground activity. I mentally calculated the number of hours I would need to spend running around here to burn off what I just consumed. Not enough hours in the day, and not enough layers of clothing on my body to ward off the cold.



I think Monkey started feeling the cold a bit too.



Even views of the train lumbering over the bridge above could not distract him.



Miss Mina was a trouper about it. Then again, I would be too if I was carried around all the time.



A quick nap later, we drove over to Bay Ridge. As much as I enjoy our house, I admit, I felt a pang of nostalgia as we drove down Shore Road. In my mind, I thought about all the adventures we had while we lived there, the house shopping we began there years ago, the way things might have been...

I also noticed some changes since we moved.



mmm..cupcakes. If I had a cupcake shop this close to me, I would be morbidly obese right now. It's probably a good thing we left Bay Ridge when we did. It's all cupcake-y now.

Did some quick visiting with friends and met their new baby girl (!!! so tiny!! you forget how tiny they are at first!). And just like that, it was time to go home.



The sky darkened, the lights of the Verrazano turned on, and I smiled at the thought of our fun day. What a difference 24 hours makes.
Post a Comment