Monday, March 31, 2008

Fashion.



"Now I'm dressed up!" Monkey announced.

I'm not sure where this recent love of sunglasses comes from. I suspect it may have something to do with the new pair of sunglasses I recently purchased for myself on my birthday shopping spree. Upon seeing them, Little Monkey demanded he be allowed to hold them.

"Me want those." Were his exact words.

"Over my dead body," were my exact thoughts. But, I put it more succinctly:

"No." I said. End of story.

Today, he rediscovered his old pair of kiddie sunglasses. He happily put them on and posed for the above picture. I decided to take it up a notch, and kill some playtime in the process. I herded both monkeys upstairs for a rousing game of "dress up with mommy's stuff."



Old (inexpensive) sunglasses figured prominently in the game.



Miss Mina gave it a try too.



I think she got a little disoriented.



So while her brother busied himself sorting through the various old pairs I've collected over the years...



She turned her attention to the costume bling gathering dust in my jewelry box.



Peace and quiet for a few minutes.



Just enough time for a quick Beanie kiss.
Post a Comment