Wednesday, March 19, 2008

"He looks like a deranged Easter bunny .. a pink nightmare."

Those words were uttered by the dad in one of our favorite holiday movies. Today, they proved eerily prescient. For when I picked up my son from school this morning, he greeted me wearing this:



And let's not forget what he was clutching so fiercely in his one little hand:



In his other hand, he held these bad boys:



He deigned to allow me to put them on the table next to his lunch. Whereupon, he immediately covered them with strands of his string cheese. No doubt, he felt this made them an acceptably healthy option for his mid-day meal.

As you may have guessed, today was "Spring Celebration Day!" When I was in school, we used to call it the Easter party. In today's sensitive climate, generic celebratory appellations are used. But the idea remains the same.

Kids jacked up on sugar.



Exhibit #1.

I was mildly annoyed, as I pictured what must have passed for snack that morning. I assumed he would not be interested in eating lunch. As usual, I was wrong.



It seems the sugar only served to whet his appetite.



He also got a little light reading in before nap.
Post a Comment