Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Spring break!



Ah...Spring. Balmy weather. Sunshine. Flowers popping up from the ground.

Spring break.

Once upon a time, spring break was something I looked forward to. It meant travelling, relaxing, and a host of other things better left unsaid on this family friendly blog.

Now that Jordan is in preschool, albeit three half days a week, he still gets to participate in a kiddie version of spring break. School's closed. The rec center is closed, kiddie u classes are on hold. And I have been dreading this week for months now.

What am I supposed to do with them?

Today, we went to ride the ponies.



And fed some ducks who dared cross our path. Those Costco animal crackers are good for something after all.





The most fun they had came free - just running up and down the ramp leading up to the pony ride. They met a new friend, just about their height. That helped pass the time while I dutifully stood in line and saved their spot.



We spent some time this weekend with family, at the annual Seder.



I think they are getting a little better at the table, depending on how you define the word.



Or it could be that I've just lowered my standards significantly.

I think it'll be a fun week. Keeping expectations low, and just hoping for the best. My favorite parenting strategy of all.
Post a Comment