Sunday, May 25, 2008

My nephew comes to visit.

We had a few very special visitors today - my nephew Arman, and his proud parents, Riz and T.







I was very excited. This was the first time I've met him in person. I couldn't wait to get my hands on him. He's only a month old! Holding the itty-bitty ones is such a different feeling! Having been through this twice now, you'd think I'd remember. But that little newborn stage goes by so fast! And they are so tiny and soft when they're brand new! And so sleepy.





Cautiously, I introduced A to his cousin, Miss Mina.



It's going to take a little while for her to absorb the concept, I think.



Jordan, on the other hand, could not wait to meet his cousin, give Uncle Riz a kiss, and catch up.



He even offered to make his cousin a "smoothie" to calm his crying before dinner.



Wisely, Arman passed. The rest of us, on the other hand, indulged heartily.













In a remarkable display of maturity, the two monkeys amused themselves on the deck for a ridiculously long amount of time, with minimal supervision, while the adults talked, cleaned up, fed the baby and prepared to leave. Monkey Sr. and I reflected on this later, and concluded that our kids sterling good behavior was a calculated move designed to make us look like liars. In reality, they are never this well behaved, cute or charming. But invite some company over and they pull out all the stops.

I'm going to have to insist Riz, T and Arman come over more often. If that's what it takes to make the kids behave themselves, that's fine by me. We have an extra room guys! Say the word, and it's all yours. Can't wait to see you (and especially my nephew!) again!
Post a Comment