Friday, June 13, 2008

Gearing up for Father's Day

I've had my share of doubts about Jordan's preschool over the course of this year. Most of my gripes were minor - excessive fundraising, some procedures that I didn't like, etc. But, as the year is winding down, I have to say that I am very happy with the school overall. I half-heartedly gripe about all the parent events that go on, but at the same time, when I see how much fun they are for Jordan, I'm glad for them.

Today, for example, was a daddy-centered activity in honor of Father's Day. Fathers were invited to the school for morning snacks, followed by bowling with the kids at the local bowling alley. Jordan's never been bowling before, but that did not stop him and Monkey Sr. from hitting the lanes.



He looked a little unsure of himself at first.



Maybe the sheer enormity of the place was frightening. Either that, or the footwear.



But before too long, he was scoring with the best of them.



I'm not so sure about this whole bellying up to the bar...



and butt-scratching move. Is this a routine part of bowling etiquette? It's been awhile since I played a game. I'm just going to chalk it up to a guy thing. Hanging out with dada brings out a certain side of him, I guess.



Roar!



Don't feel too bad about Miss Mina. We spent all morning at the park, enjoying the gorgeous hint-of-summer weather. She and I also got to spend mommy-Mina time alone at the pool, which almost never happens. And there were a few treats here and there thrown in for good measure.
Post a Comment