Friday, May 08, 2009
Never let it be said that I don't share. Especially when it's someone else's recipe. Per the request of a reader (gotta keep my six friends happy!) here is the recipe for Aziza's delicious coffee cookies. Thanks Aziza for sharing!
Brazilian Coffee Cookies
Makes about 4 dozen.
1/3 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup castor sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbs milk
1 tsp water, hot
2 cups plain sifted, white flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
2 tbs instant coffee powder
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Line baking tray with parchment paper.
3. In a small bowl, dissolve the coffee powder in 1 teaspoon hot water.
4. In a bowl, mix the sifted flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
5. In another bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar and white sugar (until light and fluffy), then add the vanilla extract, the egg and the milk. Beat until well combined.
6. Add the dissolved coffee and then the flour mixture to the sugar mixture.
7. Mix thoroughly.
8. I like to divide the dough into two disks, chill and roll out to about 1/8 inch, then cut with a cookie cutter. You can also roll it into a log, chill and slice, or just shape into 1 inch balls and flatten with a fork.
9. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking tray.
10. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned.
11. Cool on a wire rack.
In other news... a new redecorating project in the works... stay tuned.
Busy weekend ahead...
Things we're looking forward to:
1. Mother's Day!
2. Kickoff to summer entertaining next Sunday.
3. A trip to Colorado!