Thursday, May 14, 2009

Making our own Sunshine..



After several beautiful spring days, a little rain must fall. Jordan took it upon himself to rectify the situation. This morning, he created this on his place mat. It's a sun. And some clouds too.



Methinks it may be time for a haircut soon. One more thing to add to that ever-growing checklist.



Mina and I discovered that Mark Bittman is useful for more than food. How to Cook Everything takes on a whole new purpose. I bought this book years ago when it first came out and I was a kitchen newbie. Back then I had absolutely no idea how to cook. I think I tried maybe a half dozen recipes from the book. But it never really took. These days, I use it more as an encyclopedia to check on food prep factoids. Since then, I think I can cook - provided someone steers me in the right direction of a good recipe.

I do like his writing though. And his doorstop size books do make excellent flower-dryers.
Post a Comment