Thursday, July 16, 2009

Winding down..

Jordan finishes school tomorrow. It's been a relatively successful year. His teachers uniformly had positive things to say about him. He'll stay at this school for another year before he's eligible to meet the kindergarten cut off at the local public school. I'm a little surprised that his preschool is bumping him up a class level next year; but his teacher seems convinced he's already mastered some of the reading skills they will be focusing on next year.

So, she thinks he needs a challenge. Sounds good!

This afternoon, Jordan brought home a project they've been working on. It's an illustrated ABC book. What caught my eye were some of the drawings Jordan did.



"R" is for "rainbow." This rainbow is pretty generic. I've seen him do better ones. But what made me smile is his signature. Something must have put the sparkle in his eye that day. Look at all the smile-y faces in his "o" and "a's."



"G" is for "Golfball." I thought Grandpa would get a kick out of this one.



"U" is for "umpire." Loving the umpire mask face.

And my all-time favorite:



"Y" is for "Yoga." This is so Jordan, I just had to laugh when I saw it. No clue what position this character is in, but I'm sure Jordan could tell you.



I caught him in the playroom that afternoon conducting his own circle time with the itty-bitties.

Not to be outdone, Miss Mina-three-year old, was also holding court.



Somebody had their first day at ballet camp and was loathe to turn over the tutu at nap time.

Post a Comment