Saturday, December 05, 2009

Show us your trees!

”Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner”



I've become a recent fan of Kelly - at Kelly's Korner, and have really enjoyed her series of life snapshots. This week, she's hosting a blogroll highlighting Christmas trees. You've got to see some of these! Traditional, whimsical, and some that defy belief. There's lots of ideas...



Since we put out tree up today, I thought I'd share.



Over the years, I've collected a a few ornaments, but since the kids came along, I've discovered that all those pretty, sparkly glass ornaments don't work so well in our home anymore. On the other hand, we do love cookie dough.





Cookie dough ornaments made one afternoon with the kiddos. And candycanes too - of course. Gotta have candycanes.

The last few years, I've made a point of getting a yearly ornament from St. Jude's Hospital Gift of Hope ornament collection. It's a great charity, and their stuff is so cute.



Patient inspired art.



Angels



And because we like them in rainbow colors.



Jordan loved this snowman one. I like the hat. I want one.

I'm also a big fan of framed ornaments enscribed with the year.



This one was Mina's first visit with Santa.



and some are a gentle reminder of loved ones no longer with us.



And of course, you never know what boxed sets you might find at Costco. Oh Costco.



The kids had fun, even as the first snowflakes of the season began falling outside this afternoon!
Post a Comment