Friday, January 22, 2010

Show us your life - favorite shopping spots.



How could I not participate in this week's "Show us your life" blog roll, courtesy of Kelly at Kelly's Corner? She asks, show us your favorite shopping spots - stores and online:

Ready? Pull up a chair, since this is one of my favorite pastimes.



Brick and mortar stores:

Costco (seriously? Going here is a weekly family ritual)

Barnes and Noble (I'm a Kindle girl now, but I still do love browsing here during lunch break)

AC Moore (crafty!)

Daffy's (Lurve, lurve, lurve the European clothing styles for kids and super cheap dresses for women)

Target (No explanation necessary)

Anthropologie (me want. All of it. I want to look like these models. And I want them to redecorate my house too.)

Learning Express (awesome kid stuff)

Sephora (Because it's fun being a girl!)

Kate's Paperie (Once upon a time, before the internet, there used to be this thing called paper. And because getting a real card, esp handmade, is one of life's simple pleasures)


Online shopping:



kid shopping, toys: Hearthsong

Kid shopping, clothes: miniboden, Janie & Jack, Gymboree, Land's End for kids.

Stuff for me:

Boden
Modcloth
J.Crew
Ann Taylor

Fun to browse:

Gilt (this is one of those invite only sites. Don't feel excluded, anyone already on it can invite someone else, it's only meant to feel exclusive), Etsy, Outblush, slickdeals,

Other:
I am a huge garage-sale junkie. Once the warm weather hits again, you can be sure I'll spend an hour or so on weekends browsing through my neighbor's junk.



Kitchen Aid stand mixer -$25. Works great.



Crystal trifle bowl. Doesn't look like much here.

But, when full...



Friend's closets: I will happily take any kids hand me down stuff my friends are willing to share. Much of Mina's wardrobe is supplied courtesy of our friends' daughters.

Outlet stores.



Disclaimer.. I'm more of a browser, really. And I always wait for the sales. Did you hear that, Jeff?
Post a Comment