Sunday, February 21, 2010

Weekends

Another rough week. It's rough when Jeff travels. Single moms out there, take a bow. We who are about to die, salute you. I can't recall ever feeling so worn out. Part of it is not getting enough sleep. The kids just can't seem to make it through the night without waking up to pee, cry about a noise they heard, etc. A good night is one where the only distraction is Oscar snoring away on the dog mattress.

I'm SO glad that I can run again. The month off nursing this leg was unhappy. The running nights help revive me. Got a few runs in this week and plan on registering for the Boulder 10k this week. I can't wait till the sunlight lasts longer and I can do some evening runs outdoors.

YAY!!!

What we enjoyed: weekend trip to the Poconos with Grandma. Naturally, in my haste to pack everything for everything and everyone, I forgot my camera. But, technology being what it is, my blackberry came in handy.





The kids were looking forward to the trip. Any time one of them verged on misbehavior, I threatened to cancel the trip. Instant obedience. Yes, I suck. But, I've reached the point where I'll do anything to preserve a few minutes of peace and quiet.

It took an hour and a half to pack for the kids, Oscar and myself. Naturally, I forgot everything I wanted for myself, but the kids had it all. Four cuddlies, food, snacks for the car ride, multiple outfit changes, snowsuits, two sets of warm weather outdoor gear in case they lost a pair of gloves, medicines, vitamins, boots, sneakers, toys, dvds. Etc.

We had a great time, of course. Sledding, bowling, delicious food, and best of all "pocono breakfasts." In plain English, that would be chocolate chip pancakes. No matter what else they were offered, this is what they wanted to eat in the morning. And both of them wolfed those pancakes down in less than ten minutes.

Thanks Helene and Michael for a fun weekend.

Browsing..

great site - "Before I die."





Post a Comment