Sunday, March 28, 2010

The latter half of 30.

This week, I celebrated my birthday. I'm starting to reach the point where I'm talking myself down when I think about the age thing. But, there it is. I'm 38.
I celebrated by going to the hair salon and getting my grey hair colored.



I headed into the city with grand plans to see some exhibits at MOMA, followed by dinner at La Grenouille.

We drive there in style - via rickshaw.



Rickshaw in NYC. Can you believe this? Where's PETA where humans are being exploited? Human passengers that is. I can't believe what this guy charged. We chose this method of transportation because apparently every cab in the city was off duty at 5:45 pm.



La Grenouille - photo, courtesy of zagatbuzz.

I wore this dress, but with way cuter shoes. Of coure, it was freezing outside, but one must suffer for the sake of fashion. One must also not eat too much during the week preceding grand outing, so that when you wear the dress, you don't have any excess belly pudge sticking out. Sigh.

I don't know what was wrong with me, but I just could not finish anything. I was feeling a little queasy all day. Jeff blamed the bag of cadbury mini eggs I had been nibbling on that morning (celebratory mini eggs!! I've been holding out all month for these things!!!), but I think it was something else.

Alas, I wasn't able to enjoy the meal as much as I would have liked. Which is complete f-ing bullsh-t, because I was freaking starving myself all week, so I could indulge for ONE DAY!! ONE DAY of hedonistic gluttony at a fancy pant French restaurant, and what happens?? I get sick and can't even enjoy anything. The grand workings of the universe do not always make sense. I didn't even order a cheese tray, if that means anything. I ALWAYS order a cheese course at a French restaurant.

I was too queasy.

But the next day, I got to enjoy my new gift -



Behold - the Garmin Forerunner 405 CX. I have now officially become a geek. And a running geek at that. At least I'm burning calories while being a big nerdly. This thing will do your taxes for you if you can just get through the instructions and the online site. I'm still working on that.

But, I did put in my most mileage ever in one session. 6.2, with hills on a cold, breezy morning. Feeling very proud of myself for that one. I then came home and proceeded to clean our bedroom, organize my closet and do a load of laundry. I also passed out at 8:30 that night, but whatever.



I caught up on my eating today though. This morning we dragged the kiddos out to a pancake breakfast in town.



Nom..nom..nom..



And Jeff make me Alaskan king crabs, with melted garlic butter, horseradish dip, and broccoli rabe.

I made up for lost calories today.

It was a wonderful birthday weekend. Thanks everyone for all the kind wishes, cards and gifts!
Post a Comment