Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Jordan Graduates!



Where do I even begin with this one? Do I post the five thousand pictures I took of the ceremony? Or how about describe the number of times I burst into tears when the little ones on stage started singing ("mommy, I love you" anyone???)

How about I start with his outfit.



Is this the most precious thing ever? And I even ironed the gown and sash no less. To put it in context, I never even iron my own things. Ever. Work clothes included. Just ask my husband, who happens to be very good at this. I'm more of a wash and wear kinda gal.





But this is what it looked like on. I think Jordan's graduation from kindergarten was nicer than my graduation from high school. And definitely more intimate than my graduation from college. And I'm guessing better than my graduation from law school - which I skipped anyway.



I mean, his teachers went all out with the decorating:















And there were balloons!



And cookies!



That was enough to make Mina, and thus me by extension, happy!



The ceremony was wonderful. I still cannot believe they kept those kids up there on stage for over an hour.



There were speeches..



And singing

And props...



And hugs..







And lots of posing..







And just about the worst family picture in history.



And it gets better....



Posting this family picture shall thus be known as "keepin' it real yo." Forget what you see in happy blog land. This is us on a normal day.

In all seriousness, this was a pretty awesome day. I was so immensely proud of Jordan. Yes, it was just a kindergarten graduation, and every kid goes through this. But everyone with kids reading this knows, when it's your kid up there, singing and dancing on stage, hugging his friends, and singing "Mommy, I love you.." you just about want to melt into a puddle on the floor and weep.

And when he looked over at me and caught my eye, they just about had to carry me out of there. Of course, I couldn't help but notice dear hubbie was sniffling and sobbing too... so I didn't feel so bad.



Celebrating with chocolate milk. Moments like this are such a reminder of how lucky we are. Life is good. Seriously.. like amen, kinda good.
Post a Comment