Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Stateside!

Finally got my computer back (the shop here in town had it for OVER A MONTH!!!!!); and I actually feel motivated to post something. We head back to the States today to spend a few days in the Poconos. There, we intend to celebrate Thanksgiving early and enjoy the crisp country weather. Ha.

I hate cold weather. The weather here is decidedly different than what I am used to in November.



Nonetheless, here in Bermuda, we've switched over to the "winter" uniform. And we're suddenly so grown, we're wearing ties.

In fact, we've gone from this:



to this:



I can't get over this uniform. This, plus the fact that he is starting to sound as British as his little school chums, and it's starting to feel like Lord of the Flies over here. Pass the conch, please.

Mina's uniform is decidedly simpler.



Well, that's how she wishes she could dress.

I wasn't kidding when I told you the kids have gotten into our music. Exhibit A



And on that sunny note, I'm off. Gotta head "into town" to return library books, get meds and pick up stuff from the store before we leave.



Sunday rainbows from the patio. I don't think I'll ever stop being amazed by this. Sometimes we get these brief rainshowers. They last a minute or two, and just as you look up into the sky to see the sun, there ahead of you is one of these. I kid you not that I saw three rainbows in the span of one week. That might be as many as I've seen in my whole life when I lived in the U.S.
Post a Comment