Monday, July 11, 2011

weekend recap

After being out of commission for so long, it felt good having such a nice weekend.


Friday (which in my mind kick starts the weekend) began with wacky hair day at camp. Easy enough.


That evening, we went out for dinner at Blackbeard's Hideout in St. Georges. I'm smiling, but it was in spite of the food. Sorry. I wasn't very happy, and I'm usually pretty forgiving about pub fare. It's a pretty view of Achilles Bay, and I really wanted to love it, especially since it's so close to home. Alas, it was not meant to be. Maybe they were having a bad night. But I'll never understand how food can come out bad when you've only got a three tables of people to serve.



I'm a little more relaxed about bedtimes in the summer. When we got home, instead of rushing about to take baths and start the bedtime routine, we just hung out on the deck and watched the sunset.


And took the last pictures of Jordan before his big haircut. Ignore the shrek foot there on the banister.



Jordan is quite prolific these days. After his haircut on Saturday, he felt the need to document the experience. These are his diary notes which he posted on my living room wall.

They read:

"I got the worst hair cut today. Hot water in my hair. It was burning to the chair."


It's a good thing I document everything too. I took a camera pic to mark what reality actually looked like. Clearly, this child is being tortured.


Saturday night, and back on the deck.


On Sunday, we were all about hitting the beach.



Short hair comes in handy now. Especially given the scheduled activities...


riding the waves...


striking a pose...


burying daddy...


playing some frisbee...


feeding the birds...



techie-techie-ing ...


and of course...nap time.




Yay summer!

Post a Comment