Sunday, February 05, 2012

The new year begins with a bang.

January was a really busy month for us... in more ways than one. More on that below..



Jordan's class assembly - celebrating the Chinese year of the dragon - came off without a hitch. Jordan paraded onto the stage and recited a long list of animals representing the Chinese zodiac. You could almost hear the collective gasp of relief from the parents in the crowd (mine included) when he finished without making a single mistake.



January is also a big deal because Jordan turned 7! Grandma H and Michael joined us in Bermuda and helped celebrate!



Jordan was very excited. When asked what restaurant he would like to go to for his birthday meal, he named his favorite Italian hang out on the island - Portofino's. Although their pizza and pasta are his usual favorites, their ice cream sundaes are pretty impressive too.



Of course, there was a birthday party - complete with penguin cake. Having finally gotten the hang of things here, I managed to order enough pizza this year so no one went home hungry.



My little man.. I'm so proud of this guy. How can a 7 year old be this smart? He amazes me. Between his insane encyclopedic knowledge of birds, his crazy math ability, to the moments of absolute big-brother sweetness he shows to Mina... this kid continues to defy all expectations.



January was also a milestone month for me because I finally (FINALLY!!) entered and completed a half marathon. That's 13.1 miles. Whew! It took a long time, and a few too many injuries, to get to this point. But, I'll take it, thank you.

Now, for the rest of the story. First, thanks for the emails inquiring as to my whereabouts. I'll admit, post holidays, I did get a wee bit lazy about posting. I thought I'd catch up after Christmas and share the trip we took to the Poconos and upstate NY, etc. Trouble is, January happened and craziness took over.

And then we got robbed.

Yeah. Someone broke into our home in the wee hours of the morning, and stole my computer and cell phone. They came in through the window while Jeff and I were asleep upstairs and while our guests were asleep in the guestroom downstairs. Jeff heard a noise and came down the stairs, only to see a man outside the front door with a flashlight shining in. Someone else got out through the kitchen door.

That happened on January 12th, and I really haven't been the same since. I don't know how other people would react to this, but I'm having a hard time. Maybe it would be different if this was an isolated incident. However, in the span of two months, our car has been broken into twice. And now they've come into our house. While we were there.

So, needless to say, I haven't been in the mood too blog much. I've been too depressed, and anxious and angry. I'll spare you the details of the crazy OCD things I've been doing to feel more secure in the house. But in case you happen to be reading - yeah, you, a$$holes that stole my busted up Macbook with the broken touchpad and the cellphone that won't hold a charge for more that 40 minutes - you should pass this house next time.
Post a Comment