Friday, May 31, 2013

The Return of the Prodigal Monkeys.

I took a long break from this blog after we moved. To briefly update, we are still living in Bermuda, the family is well, and we're very happy with our new house.

It took me over a year and half before I decided to get back to a digital format. I debated the pros and cons, as I usually do.
In the end, the nostalgia for having an online scrapbook of my kids' lives won out over privacy.
 
 
It would be such a shame to look back one day and realize that our Bermuda years fell into a big, black hole of stored computer files without any context.

I have no idea what's happened to Blogger in the past year and a half. I'm not understanding this new format. I might switch over to Word press. It seems cleaner.
I can't even begin to summarize the past year and half. I will say that during that time, Bermuda is finally starting to feel like home. All of its charms and quirks are amusing and endearing now. I'm hoping I can capture some of this for this blog. When we do finally return to the US one day, I'd like to look back on this experience and remember it with the pictures and stories that made it so special.

This clock keeps ticking ... and they won't always look like this.

And I won't always have this view down the road.
Post a Comment