Sunday, December 01, 2013





Miss Bean had a very good, no, in fact - fabulous - day at school on Friday.  Not only was she recognized for outstanding results on her math exams, she also won a special "Good Conduct Award."  Her "high standards in everything she does," did not go unnoticed by the teachers at Saltus.

My only regret is that no one from the school informed us she would be getting the award at assembly that day.  Had I known, I would have been rocking the front and center seats, armed with my Nikon D90.

I did make her pose immediately when she got home.  She was so modest in the car ride when she told me about it!!

Little Bean - she really does have exceptionally high standards for herself... to the point where several teachers have told me she is a complete perfectionist and will burst into tears if she gets a single word wrong on spelling tests.  Her teacher this year pointed it out at parent teacher conference.

teacher:  Mrs Trimarchi.. you know.. Mina was very upset when she only got 18 out of 19 words right on the spelling quiz.  She said to me, "Anything less than 100% is a failure!"  Now where would she learn something like that??

Me:  My goodness!!  I can't even imagine! 

Except, of course I can imagine. 

Sigh.  Just call me Tiger Mom.


Post a Comment