Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Bermuda Easter 2014

1-DSC_0341

One of the projects I promised to do was put together a snapshot of Bermuda pics and traditions for a friend for her school class.  I immediately thought of this when I looked at our pictures from this past Easter.  Bermuda has its own traditions when it comes to Easter.  Kite flying on Good Friday is one of them.

I just love the idea of enjoying the beach and the serenity of those aquamarine seas on an April day.  I promise I did not edit that pic for color.  This was Elbow Beach.

1-DSC_0320

Kite flying can be hard work.  Look at the worry on this face.

1-DSC_0306

Of course, once it's up in the air - pure glee.

1-CSC_0284

We also still do the same things we used to do back in the USA - an Easter egg hunt with friends..

1-DSC_0268

A full basket of candy for me to inspect.

1-DSC_0300

Getting dressed up for a big meal - one I did not have to cook.. yay!  As much as I love drooling over what everyone else makes for this holiday, and admiring all the beautiful table settings and desserts, I did not have it in me to do anything except hit the brunch at one of the restaurants on the island.  This pregnancy is really doing a number on me.  I am wiped out. 

Four more months to go!
Post a Comment