Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

Christmas 2012 203


I had a lovely Mother's Day yesterday.  The kids helped make me breakfast, gave me the most adorable cards (got me weepy at the sentiments), Jeff bought me a beautiful pair of earrings, and we all went out to lunch in St. Georges, followed by a walk down the cobblestone streets for some gelato.

DSC_0530

Just a perfect day.

I called my mother, of course, and discussed upcoming plans for my visit to them in upstate NY.

st6


I also got to thinking how my life has come to mirror hers in so many inadvertent ways.  Not the least of which is that I'll also have three kids - two boys and a girl.  We've both put our professional careers on hold to raise our kids, we've left family and friends behind in order to travel to foreign lands and raise them away from our native homes.

s4

Sometimes women groan and say, "I'm becoming my mother!!"  The older I get, the more at peace I am with that.  The older I get, the more I realize, my mom did the best she could.  I turned out ok.  I think she had something to do with that.

Happy Mother's Day, Mom.
Post a Comment