Thursday, May 29, 2014

Throw Back Thursday

2008 was a good year.

2008

Mina in full learning mode at the Greenhouse Nursery Preschool in NJ.  She wanted to go there so badly when she saw her big brother being dropped off every day.  She started with a few days a week, for a few hours at a time.  She took to it right away - loving being surrounded by kids her own age, helping the teachers in the classroom, and doing all kinds of art projects every day.  Getting the kids into preschool early was definitely the right choice for us. 

April 2008

I think this is Mina at the Brooklyn Children's museum.  She was there with Jordan and her Grandma H, who took this picture. 

October 2008

Halloween, 2008.  My little busy bees.  Our old town always holds a huge Halloween open house at the recreation center.  The place is decked out in creepy finery, there's candy and pictures.  So much fun.  2008 might have been the last year I got to pick what the kids would wear.  This was the year the kids were into the "Bee Movie."  We must have watched it a thousand times.  Mina was my little Queen Bee, and Jordan (construction hat is missing here) was a worker bee.  I even dressed up Oscar in a bee costume for dogs, so he could join us on the Halloween town parade.  Yes, it's my favorite holiday of the year.

November 2008

November 2008.  After we got home from school, the kids decided they wanted to play outside in the leaves.  Jordan tackled the piles with gusto, while Mina was still figuring out what to do with it.  We had such a cute little block.  Lots of leaves, but I loved the fall.  In the background, I can see the yellow mums I would put out on the front steps.  So cute.  While we live here in BDA, we rent out our old house.  We've driven by it, on the rare occasion when we are back in town, and I never see the front steps done up like I used to.  It makes me sad.  We had a lot of good memories in that house.
Post a Comment