Monday, August 25, 2014

Awaiting Cristobal

Hurricane season continues in BDA.  These past two weeks have been such a wash out.  Rain, grey skies and wind continue to dampen the island.  Generally, living in Bermuda is a very nice thing - when the weather cooperates.  It is a veritable paradise of colors and sunshine and beautiful beaches.  When it doesn't though, it kind of feels like you are stuck on a rock in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean with no help in sight.

This week looks no different and we are currently tracking the progress of tropical storm Cristobal.  He may make landfall by this Wednesday with expected high winds of up to 50 mph.

That means the causeway to the airport is closed, electricity will likely be out and I will be a nervous wreck praying I don't go into labor.  I'm sure even if I do the hospital will manage the delivery just fine ... but for once I really wish I could deliver a child drama free.

image

Drippy window view from the balcony.
Post a Comment