Tuesday, July 07, 2015

On the verge of double digits. Nine year old Mina

Nine years old this month.

Miss Bean turns nine in just a few more days.  We do love birthdays in this house, but seeing my little girl grow up is making me a bit weepy.

image

This shot put it in perspective for me.  I had to take the kids to get their passport pictures updated.  Five years ago, I took them to get their first ones done.  How much they have grown since then.

Big girl salon.

Sometimes I can still see that roly-poly baby face in there

1-DSC_0362

And then sometimes, there is this.

image

Mina, you will always be a superstar.  Do you realize how many talents you have?  Whether it's in school, singing or dancing on stage, or being a part of our family - you shine with such brilliance.

Phone

DSC_2156

An inspiring girl.

I wish I could capture it in words.  You do so much and make it look effortless.  That makes me recall the way I was when I was in school.  I always worked hard.  I took all of it seriously.  I never made a fuss.  I did what I needed to do and what was expected of me.  But in the process, I suspect people took that for granted. 

DSC_0029

I hope I never do that with you. 

We could not ask for more - we've been blessed with a fantastic daughter.

You make me so proud to be your mother. 

Miss chocolate

Not only are you a good kid.  You are genuinely a GOOD kid.  You have a beautiful, generous soul. 

image

You have such a way with people.  Ever since you learned to talk, you managed to win people over with your smiles, your conversation, and your ability to always know what to say.

image

As you get older, and start to cover uncharted territory, I hope you will always rely on the inner grace that has guided you so well.  It's not easy.  There will be new challenges you face, new friends to meet, old ones who may not always grow with you.  Our time here will be drawing to a close too, and with that, you will learn what it's like to say good bye.

I have faith in you. 

You will rock being nine.

love,
Mom

Post a Comment