Friday, August 14, 2015

Theo at 11 months.

Theo:

My memory is not what it used to be, so bear with me while I try to document some of Theo's infancy before it all fades away.

At 11 months, this is what we've got so far:

He's crawling like a champ.. i.e really fast, so I have to watch him at all times.  He started crawling at 9 months, just like his brother and sister.  No walking yet, but he does like to be "walked," i.e I hold his hands and we walk around the house together.  He has a funny turning in of his foot that I want to speak to the doctor about.

He has also made it up the stairs now.  Argh.

eating:  This kid makes me smile.  He will try anything.  He is like Mina in that regard.  She was always an adventurous eater.. unlike Jordan.  Theo has eaten things like chicken tikka masala, tuna fish, pasta, steak, chicken in all forms, hamburger, club sandwiches (I'm looking at you gluten free club at Tuckers), all fruits, yogurt, cheese, avocado, asparagus, broccoli, carrots, rice..)  Honestly, I just feed him off my plate now.  The baby food days are basically over, although we keep a few packets around for convenience when travelling.  I tried to give him some baby oatmeal the other day (something he used to love at 6 months) and he practically spit it out at me, with a look that said, "Are you serious?  Where's my French toast?"

words:  Nothing yet.  A bit strange on this front as he was saying "mama" and "baba" at 6 months.  Then he suddenly stopped.  He does watch my mouth sometimes as I talk, so I try to slow down what I am saying, and I repeat words ad nauseum, labeling everything that comes into contact with his hands.  He is definitely babbling.

expressions:  he's not talking yet, but I absolutely flip out with joy every time he crinkles his nose when he laughs, which is often.  And he has 8 teeth already!!!  It's the cutest thing.

likes:  sweets, chocolate, ice cream, pasta, watermelon, washing his hands, the pool, the beach, the waves crashing on the shore, the picture of Jordan on the beach in his room, the pictures of Jordan and Mina in the kitchen, pulling Oscar's tail (poor Oscar - heavily rewarded every time with peanut butter), walks in his stroller, swings, his lovey, the fuzzy blanket Grandma H got him, pulling things out of the lower cabinet in the kitchen, flipping pages of his books.

dislikes: long car rides, being made to wait on the changing table for his bottle before nap, sitting in his high chair for too long, not being allowed to drink our coffee, wine, beer or diet soda.


Coffee will have to wait.

image

Marine life at the aquarium.

Someone's missing the big kids. Theo too.

image

crinkle nose.


Post a Comment