Friday, November 18, 2011

Friday wrap up.



This week we received our first shipment of a CSA farm basket from a local farmer, here in Bermuda. Wadson's Farms, began this project this season; friends of ours invited us to split the basket weekly. Given the sorry state of most produce in the stores here, I was game to see whether local produce might be a better go of it.

This week, we got eggplant, cucumbers, various lettuces, corn, peppers, bok choy, parsnips, carrots and sweet potatoes. I've been having fun working the produce into the week's menu.

The first dilemma though, was figuring out what that half of a big green thing was up there. I decided it was something pumpkin or squash -y, and roasted it up to make this:


picture, courtesy of Gina's skinny taste.

But, being who I am, I decided the above recipe needed tweaking, so I threw in a handful of various spices (cardamom, garam masala, coriander.) Much better.



This cheddar bread has nothing to do with anything; but it's another recipe I made this week because I am a sucker for Pinterest. Yeah, that big chunk on the end that's been gnawed off? Guilty. Let's move along.



Anyone want some soup?



Yeah, you... hiding back there...



Tonight, we're going to a friend's house for dinner. I volunteered to make dessert. But why have these plain-Jane little pumpkin spice cookies....



When you can have these! Voila! Pumpkin spice whoopie pies!!



These guys need some fattening up, don't you think? These young 'uns were at the farm when I went in to pick up my basket. I'm hoping the one I ordered is out back, waddling over to his second breakfast of the day.
Post a Comment