Monday, September 09, 2013

Final countdown to school!



While it seems the rest of the world has already begun, here in Bermuda, our school start has yet to kick off. At long last, there is hope on the horizon.

The kids go back on Monday!

I think I am ready...

My checklist.

  • Uniforms in order
  • school shoes ready
  • hallway cubbies organized and labelled
  • backpacks purchased
  • lunchboxes cleaned
  • waterbottles ready
  • lunchbox treat for first day made
  • extracurriculars organized
  • car pools arranged

The kids are not quite as enthused about school resuming, but that's understandable. We have had a wonderful summer. Getting back into the drudgery of school routines pales in comparison to the lazy, luxurious days we've had.



But, I do love a good routine.

Our Eve of School dinner:



Cooking Illustrated Baked ziti (great for leftovers tomorrow! Part of my cook once/eat twice plan.)
Garden Salad
Sweetnick's Garlic bread Fantastique, Jordan's favorite!
Peanut butter blondies
Banana crumb muffins for breakfast tomorrow




I am so excited for the start of a brand new school year!

Post a Comment