Thursday, November 05, 2015

November 5

Today is the day I set aside and remember the little girl, and her mother whose gift gave me my son back. Her heart beats in my son's body and has kept him strong and healthy for almost 11 years now. Today would have been Breanna's birthday. 

Her mother made the decision to donate her daughter's heart, in the midst of suffering no one but a mother could understand. 

I'll never forget her saying, that the reason she did it was because it was "the right thing to do."  She also didn't hesitate. She said yes. 

I have to pause sometimes and think about the enormity of that. 

It's impossible for me to imagine what our lives would have been like without our son, Jordan. 

I owe that gift to Breanna Maree and her heroic mother, Nikki. She gave me back my son, when all the doctors around us said it would be impossible.  

Breanna Maree Loomis
11/5/2004 - 1/25/2005

1/26/2005
Our heart angel

Forever. 

Rest in peace, beautiful girl. 

Post a Comment