Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Plotting.



I looked back at him on the ride home and knew he was up to something.



The long march up the front path gave him time to plan.



You could see the exact moment the idea hatched in his little head.



Oh this would be the best by far.



First, let me carefully walk down the steps.



Then .... CHARGE! Straight at mommy!



I was particularly impressed by the tongue hanging out in concentration. His goal, I discovered, was to slam into me as hard as he could. Given that he weighs less than our small dog, even at full speed, he wasn't much of a torpedo. But, in his own mind, he was a force to be reckoned with.



This game was so much fun, it's time to take the jacket off. I wondered when this was coming. After about a half dozen rounds of "charge down the path and push mommy" I knew he'd break a sweat eventually.



Check out this technique. It's called shake it loose and let it fall where it may.



Momentarily distracted by the recently planted geraniums.



Yes, he was loving this game.



Who knows what lurks in the hearts and minds of a three year old?
Post a Comment